Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sonnet and 1 Other Poem


Emotional Progess

I pursue emotional progress in
life although I can't succeed. In the game
that is life, I know I will never win.
Now I am pretty sure I am a flame

from not the hottest part of the fire.
But then again, all wear out in time.
And after a while, we all should expire.
Yet here I am trying to write a rhyme.

I ain't like a rose, but I am more like
grass, most people like stepping on me lots.
A lot of people see me with dislike,
it makes my stomach fill up with some knots.

Life is a game and we are all tested.
When flames expire, they go with the rested.

The Light That Shines

Lost in the dark shadow of life
between the good and bad, all is lost.
You're either on the bad who use a word like a knife,
or you're with the good who get in stuck when the words are frost.
Life is a shadow. But sometimes, it's as bright as the sun.
It takes turns helping you, and then breaking you.
Life shows you that everything is not fun.
It's just something life has to do.

Having to choose the right paths, that's the key.
It's not as easy as you think.
Choosing the right path is the only way to be happy.
I chose the wrong one and now look I'm pink.
Now I'm close to losing everything that's important to me.
I confessed something two months ago. Since then, I've been taken by the shadow.
I lost something there, and now I lost them in one, two, three.
Everything has been hit by an arrow.

Everyone has a different story to tell.
We choose the wrong and the right paths.
Some succeeded while others fell.
It feels like my body is in casts.
I kept choosing the wrong path, I kept getting hurt.
I'm sure I took a right path now, even though it feels wrong.
There are people out there who want to make me feel like dirt.
But I tell myself what everyone else says; stay strong.

Words are paper airplanes, lost, flying through the air.
Sometimes, the wrong thing flies away, and all you can do is regret it.
It goes from someone being a friend, to someone giving you a glare.
Some words are unexpected and like to hit.
If you let the paper airplane fly, it won't do what you wanted.
One moment you think someone might be a friend, then you say it, and it becomes awkward.
From that point on, you're left haunted.
The memories are like ghosts, wanting to turn everything backward.

Remember that life is a dark shadow.
Everything had been hit by an arrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment