The first reading response I will talk about is Xiao Qing's on the book North Of Beautiful. I have read the book and I like the way Xiao Qing brings up the thought about Terra's idea of being perfect. Xiao Qing says she thinks that Terra is not always happy with her looks. Since I have read the book I have been able to understand why Xiao Qing thinks this. Terra has some sort of a birthmark on her face. And the quote Xiao Qing used from Terra's boyfriend, "Why not fix your face?" I think the quote really tied everything together. Terra is usually thought to be beautiful until she turns around and you see the birthmark on half of her face. After the one look people don't really see her as beautiful. She gets the same treatment from her father who once called her 'jolie laid' or pretty ugly. Honestly, I think Xiao Qing did a pretty good job at bringing in the idea of feeling beautiful.
The second reading response I will talk about is Kimberly's on Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days. I think Kim did a good job with relating herself to Greg. She says her mother also messed up her summer just Greg's mom did to Greg. Now I can also relate to this because my summer was also messed up a little by my mother. She made me go places I didn't really want to go to, like Kim's mom made her go to Ecuador, and Greg's mom made him go to the town pool. Kimberly also mentions that she needs privacy which is something I try to get but I almost never have my own privacy. So Kim said she and Greg are on the same page. I am also on the same page as them.
No comments:
Post a Comment